Translate

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Bike shops

If you know me at all, you know that I am fiercely loyal. I’m loyal to friends, family and good service.  In this relatively new triathlon life that is mine, I have had experience with a few bike and running shops, some good and some not so good.
 
I started out racing triathlons on the mountain bike I had that had never been ridden much. It was a good option since I did not have a clue what I was doing and did not know if it would last. It did last so after my first season, I ventured out for an entry level bike. The guys at Bikers Edge in Kaysville were extremely helpful with the purchase of my Cannondale (above). If you are in the Kaysville area, I recommend them.

When this season rolled around, I decided it was time for an upgrade and was excited when Will from High Knees Cycling in St. George made a bike selection for me. Will and his team was our bike support crew during the March GPP Triathlon Camp in St. George. It was fun to get to know them and be assured we were being taken care of by people who had triathlon experience. I was apprehensive at first about buying a bike long distance but Will delivered a Ridley Liz to me and has been available many times for questions and to help when I’ve been in St. George.  If you are in the St. George area, please check out the best bike shop in Southern Utah!

There were times this summer that I could not get south for various bike needs, so I turned to Top Gear Bicycle Shop in Bountiful. I needed to get a quick fit on my Ridley to tide me over until I could make it down south to get a proper fitting. Brett at Top Gear took care of me at that time and several times since when something needed tweaking. When my bike was stolen and my friend let me use my old bike, Brett and Josh fitted it to me again and even changing out my cleats. During one visit, they showed me a more tri specific bike (Trek Speed Concept) that was going to work for me even better than the one that was stolen. They had it ready for me the day I was leaving for my last race of the year.
I won’t bore you with all the details of everything these guys have done for me but know that if you are in need of help with anything bike related, they have the state of Utah covered. If you are in Southern Utah, stop by and say hi to Will and crew at High Knees or Northern Utah, see Brett and Josh at Top Gear.  Love you guys!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment