Translate

Friday, January 3, 2014

Team sponsorship


Our Christmas holiday was spent in St. George at my mother-in-law's house will all the family. We came in shifts throughout the week so not all the family was there at any given moment but we did all get to see mom/grandma. We never did get one big family picture so I guess we will just have to do it again sometime soon.

I came home in time to have gum graft surgery on Friday. Not a fun procedure but hopefully it is worth it and my problem is fixed. I am such a party animal that I was asleep before ten on New Year’s Eve, so I had to wait until the morning to see the new year. Early to bed, early to rise! I had a run regression test on my training plan so hit the rec center before 7 am when I thought there would be plenty of treadmills available. I was right!

When I finished running, I realized I would be just in time for the first GPP workout of the year so I headed on over.  It was a doozy!

Each year a new rep gets added to each movement. Because of my hamstring issue, I normally stay away from squats but this day I did them just without any weights. Felt great to have the workout and test done before 9 a.m.
 
My big news this week, though, is that I have been selected to be a sponsored athlete on the all3sports.com racing team.  I am super excited about this for so many reasons.  All3sports.com is located in Georgia and I have bought several tri items from them online. What really got me interested in them though was how excited Swim Bike Mom’s, Meredith Atwood, was about them. I started following her earlier this year after reading her book. She tells a hilarious tale on how she decided to become a triathlete. I definitely recommend reading the book whether you are a seasoned triathlete or a newbie. Anyway she talks about not knowing what equipment to buy and that the folks at all3sports.com were super helpful.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would be a “sponsored” athlete. How cool is that? Now 2014 really does need to be my best year ever!

71 days to go until IM 70.3 Monterrey and 60 days after that is IM Texas. I have had a nice couple of weeks off for the holidays and training gets cranked up a notch or two come Monday…  Heaven help me.

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment