Translate

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Blah!

Not much going on in the past week. I'm trying to figure out how to get motivated again to train. I realized this week that I am so afraid of my shoulder hurting worse that I avoid anything that might possibly do this. I've been lucky to have a month break between races and I supposed I am taking full advantage of it and getting all the rest I have needed.

There have been a couple of runs and bike rides. These have been great. Mostly I'm afraid of getting in the pool and swimming laps. I give myself another week and then my butt will be back in the pool.

I have been in the water, though. Open water. I've organized some open water swims at Pineview Reservoir. It was been great to see people who have never had a wetsuit on and are not completely comfortable in the water, face these fears!

Last week a few of my friends and even some new ones came out and we had a great time.





We are doing it again tonight and I can't wait to see who comes out. The key to getting comfortable with open water swimming is getting in the open water. The more you do it, the better it is.

Finished up my week by chilling on my deck and yard, stalking my friends doing Ironman Coeur D'Alene and a little sunset yoga. Even though my training has been less than stellar, I am trying not to beat myself up about it too much. As my kind and loving coach has said to me, I'm giving myself permission to recover. Working on the guilt thing!
Oh and to sign off, here are a couple of my tasty dinners.




No comments:

Post a Comment