Translate

Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year, New Food Ideas


Happy New Year ya'll!!!! I'm really excited about 2015. It's going to be a really good year.

Ironman training has started in earnest for the year, even with my shoulder issue. The pain is down to an ache for the most part and my physical therapist told me today he may let me into the pool by next week. Which is a good thing since I'll be heading down to triathlon training camp. I am a little anxious about riding my bike outside but it will probably be like "riding a bike!"

I love cauliflower (almost as much as spaghetti squash!). This past week I have seen a few different recipes that I wanted to try and today I had the time and inclination to do so. My family will tell you that when I start making more than one thing at a time the kitchen can get destroyed really quickly.

This time was no different!
The two recipes for cauliflower were both for making cauliflower rice. Both recipes called for pulsing florets in the food processor so I did that first. Cauliflower "Fried Rice" was for dinner tonight. Check out the recipe from this website.



I used Braggs Liquid Aminos instead of soy sauce. For the final product, I added some cooked ground turkey that I made last night. It was super yummy and tasted like rice.

The second recipe was Oven Roasted Cauliflower Rice (see this website). I made this for future use. I'm not sure what it will be served with but now I am prepared for my next dinner.

Then to end the night, dessert! From this website, Homemade Frozen Yogurt Bars w/Fresh Fruit. I didn't have the basil for topping and don't really care for chocolate so it's just yogurt and fruit. Super easy to make!
And just so you know that I clean up, here's a picture of the "after" kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment