Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

Busy Week

Wow, what a week last week was.  After speaking to my niece's group there was no rest.

In addition to getting in some training in spare moments, I had the test to become an NASM Certified Personal Trainer on Thursday.  I've not been so nervewracked over a multiple choice test ever.  Could be because I had not been able to dedicate as much time to studying as originally planned but mostly it was that I really wanted to pass it!


And pass, I did! I'm not quitting my day job but am excited to work with GPP (www.gppfitness.com) in some form or another.  Neil and the GPP crew have been instrumental in getting to me to where I am physically now. And I would love to give back something.

After the test on Thursday, I was ready for the family to start arriving for the mini reunion/birthday party we had for my hubby's family at our house.  It was my mother-in-law and a cousin's birthday so we have been planning this get together for about 6 months. Family came from Nevada, Toronto, Arizona, Wyoming and St. George.  Most all stayed with us and for the big dinner on Saturday, we were planning on 19 people.  It was such a blast having the brothers and cousins and kids all together.  We were missing quite a few people but had a good representation from all families.


A 10 mile run was on my training plan for this weekend but in the interest of time and being able to have family time, I split it up and ran 6 miles on Saturday morning and 4 on Sunday morning.  Saturday, a bunch of us girls went to a hot yoga session where we dripped sweat for 90 minutes. We tried to not giggle too much and disrupt the class.  Some went to the Museum of Natural History but mostly we sat at home, talking and reminiscing!  We sent most everyone off Sunday and some today.

I have 4 more races coming up starting with the Bear Lake Brawl Triathlon this weekend.  It will be my first lake Olympic distance so more to come on that.  19 days until the St. George Marathon (trying not to dwell!).

This sight greeted me as I was leaving the neighborhood for work this morning.

I love rainbows!

Have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment